Is there a way to edit the output TIFFs in photoshop without losing the georeference information?

Jump to solution
06-28-2017 02:45 PM
DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II

Sometimes the stitching is not ideal or omits a section.  I can easily fix it in photoshop, but when I save, the georeference information is stripped out.  Is there a way to add it back after I have edited the Tiff?  I can see the metadata in arc catalog for the original, is there a way to just copy that to the edited image?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

You could write a worldfile for your original tiff(as opposed to using the information in the header) then just copy and rename the worldfile for your photoshopped tiff.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

You could write a worldfile for your original tiff(as opposed to using the information in the header) then just copy and rename the worldfile for your photoshopped tiff.

DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II

Hi Ian, I am quite the novice when it comes to using GIS software (I'm the IT help desk and resident drone pilot).  How would I write a worldfile containing all of that information?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Dustin... export-raster-world-file In Arctoolbox's DataManagement tools and the Raster Properties toolset

DustinKosmach1
New Contributor II

Thank you Dan.  That was pretty easy. 

0 Kudos