Local Server Runtime SDK LocalGeoprocessingService starting fails

06-28-2017 01:39 AM
ChristianAigner
New Contributor

Hello,
I am trying to run the code snippets from this page Local Server—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers which explains the handling of Local Server, "Run geoprocessing services":
I followed the instruction except those for deployment because for the first try it is enough for me to run it on a developer machine. This machine is equiped with VS 2015, I can add the nuggets as shown in the instructions.
When I run the code for "Run geoprocessing servcies" I get the message "The application is licenced for developer use only". After that message the RuntimeLocalServer.exe(32bit) disapears from the process list in the Task manager and a dump report is generated (see attached).
The execution of the code from "Run map image layer services" works fine, I recieve an URL and I can work with the Package.
For the geoprocessing I use a selfmade package - but it also failes with the "message-in-a-bottle.gpk", "clip-features.gpk", "contour.gpk", "LineOfSight.gpk" and "simple-buffer.gpk" taken from previous samples from Runtime SDK.

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance for your ideas!
Christian
0 Kudos
6 Replies
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cristian,

Have you solved your problem with geoprocessing? I have the same problem as you.

0 Kudos
NagmaYasmin
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Have you checked whether in the "ArcGISLocalServer.AGSDeployment" file, is the "enabled" element of "Geoprocessing" set to true? 

If set to false, GPK can’t be used on LocalServer, so you may have an error in your execution environment.

<Package name="Geoprocessing" enabled="true">

Hope that helps.

GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have enabled geoprocessing as you suggested, but result is the same:

I have a few questions about deployment file. That file is located in my ArcGIS Runtime excutable folder. How can I change it after end of development when I will start to build deployment pack? Or it will be taken from my executable folder? Second question is about geoprocessing child packages. They all are set to “false”. How I can detect which child package must be set to “true”?

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have found that it works with geoprocessing package made with ArcMap 10.3.1, but does not work with ArcGIS Pro package and ArcMap 10.5.1 package. ArcMap 10.5.1 geoprocesing sharing tool does not have "Support ArcGIS Runtime" checkbox.

Geoprocessing option in "ArcGISLocalServer.AGSDeployment" file must be set to "true". I have checked only loading of geoprocessing service but I hope that calculation will work too.

0 Kudos
NagmaYasmin
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Glad that after enabling the "GeoProcessing" option in 'ArcGISLocalServer.AGSDeployment', you are able to run gpk through the Local Server. For your question,  "how I can detect which child package must be set to “true"", it depends on which option you use when you create the GeoProcessing tools in ArcMap, suppose if you use '3D Analyst' to create the geoprocessing tool, then in the AGSDeployment file, you need to set that child option to 'true. 

I am using ArcMap 10.5, and I see the "Packaging" option available under the menu "Customize --> ArcMap options --> "Sharing" to use that in Runtime application. Enable Runtime Tools

Hope that helps.

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Please let us know if you think there is information missing from the LocalServer deployment topic and/or system requirements:

Create a Local Server deployment—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers 

System requirements—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos