curtvprice

Zonalstats produces an empty table

Discussion created by curtvprice Champion on Jan 10, 2011
Hi all,

So I have biomass data at the county level in a shp file.  I also have congressional district data in a shp file.  I want to summarize the biomass data by congressional district using zonal stats.  This should be simple as I've done it before, but for some reason it isn't working correctly.

To do this, I converted my feature biomass data into a raster, then multiplied by 100 before converting to an integer raster.  I then divided by 100.  In zonal stats, in environment settings, I have set the raster analysis cell size to my biomass raster data, and, alternatively, tried using minimum of inputs.  I have checked all my projections and everything is the same,  USA Contiguous Albers Equal Area Conic.  Under environment settings > processing extent, I have also snapped my raster to = the input raster.

No matter what I do, I am unable to process.  I am using ArcInfo 10, used to using 9.X.  There is no explanation, and when I add the table to the my table of contents, all I get is an empty attribute table.

Previously, I've sometimes used Hawth's Tools, but when I downloaded it was incompatible with ArcInfo 10.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Ethan Davis

Energy Analyst
Union of Concerned Scientists
617 301 8036

(Reposting to correct forum)

Outcomes