AnsweredAssumed Answered

Survey 123 - Accessing 'Group' of previously answered question

Question asked by leftieant76 on Jun 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 by Philip.Wilson-esristaff

Hello

I'm working on developing a survey for vehicle pre start checklists. We operate a number of different vehicle types, and depending on the type of vehicle, I would like the user to be prompted with a particular start up checklist.

Currently I have a choices list called 'vehicle list', with the name field being the vehicle registration, and the label field being a longer description of the vehicle. I have added an additional column called 'group' which describes which checklist the vehicle should complete.

My question is - can I access this 'group' column somehow later in my form in the 'RELEVANT' field to determine whether a question is displayed?

If I could ask this a different way - instead of having to check for individual registration numbers (eg ${VEHICLE} = "ABC123" or ${VEHICLE} = "BCD234" or ${VEHICLE} = "CDE345") - is there an expression I could use along the lines of ${VEHICLE}.group = "fleet" (where 'fleet' is the name of the checklist type / relates to the 'group' column I added earlier).

Thank you in advance!

Outcomes