Survey 123 online, how can I add some fields in a survey that will not be visible to the public that staff will use later to update after the survey is reviewed and when they make any necessary updates?

06-20-2017 04:31 PM
JadeBickmore1
New Contributor

I have a created a survey as a way for the communities or the public to inform us of any needed updates to contact information (address changes, phone numbers, etc.) related to a community. Because it is public I would like any updates be reviewed by staff and then if deemed necessary note when the update was made. I do not want these staff only fields to be on the survey but do want to be able to see if the changes have been reviewed and/or updated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jade,

If authoring using Survey123 Connect, you can create additional fields using the 'hidden' type question - specify the name of the field as usual in the name column.  If using the Survey123 website, you can create additional fields after publishing through either the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer - see Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS.

JadeBickmore1
New Contributor

Hi James,

Thanks for your response but that is not quite what I was looking for. I was hoping for an easy way for staff to see the data submitted on the online survey thru the “Data” tab online and to be able to review any new notification for updates, then update the record and status with the date of review.

I know that you can bring in the data into ArcMap or desktop to make the updates, I was just hoping to be able review and update in the same place.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jade,

I was only speaking to creating the fields to be viewed.  On actually updating the fields, that would be best for another application with editing capability, such as the Basic Viewer or a Web App Builder Configuration- with Survey123, we don't necessarily want to provide review/updating workflow as those can quickly become business process specific and need to be configured from customer to customer.

0 Kudos