I would like to build web maps using ArcGIS Online for customers of my mapping business. Is that allowed?

06-20-2017 11:53 AM
DonMaxwell
New Contributor III

My GIS mapping business is specific to the fire service. I have had requests for work on website maps. Is there a way I can do this legally with ArcGIS Online webapp builder?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Don,

I suggest you contact your local Esri representative/Distributor and discuss in detail what exactly your business workflows would be. They would be the best folks to help you get sorted.

Contact Us | Esri About 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I agree with Derek with that being the best route for the specifics, but you may also want to look at

ArcGIS for Developers   and Pricing | ArcGIS for Developers 

You can develop with those options.  What you would not be able to do is host for them.  For that they would probably need their own AGOL organization account  or Portal, and named-users (if not public)

If you develop on your account, there are ways to transfer between organization accounts now....but I have not tested and not sure about Dev to Org (but you would think that would be a standard workflow for developer/contractors.

GitHub - Esri/ago-admin-wiki: A collection of code samples, scripts, hacks, tools, and information f... 

Also, there was an announcement last week about new AGOL pricing coming out very soon ( June 28 2017) that will allow an Org to just add one user, instead of 5 minimum.  That might help if the dev licensing doesn't.

https://community.esri.com/message/694281-re-cool-new-changes-to-buying-subscriptions-to-arcgis-onli... 

0 Kudos
DonMaxwell
New Contributor III

Great thanks for the info

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:01 AM Rebecca Strauch, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos