Basemap zooming level

Jump to solution
06-17-2017 05:33 PM
MichaelHeyroth
New Contributor III

I have a custom basemap hosted online. Using Arc collector I can zoom in extremely close but when I using the same basemap in the Arc Explorer app it only lets me zoom into about a street level, Any ideas on how to zoom in closer? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelHeyroth
New Contributor III

Figured it out.

My custom basemap was restricting me.   Once I added the streets basemap along with my 3inch high res. orthos it will let me zoom right in and fully use my 3 inch maps.

The streets map must allow zooming in closer.

All good

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Michael,

I am guessing that the zoom restrictions are based on the default basemap of explorer and not based on your basemap. I wonder if you could remove the default basemap (assuming your map can zoom in further than Esri's) and make your basemap the only one there. Otherwise, I am not sure that there is a solution to this - and just a restriction of Explorer.

0 Kudos
MichaelHeyroth
New Contributor III

Figured it out.

My custom basemap was restricting me.   Once I added the streets basemap along with my 3inch high res. orthos it will let me zoom right in and fully use my 3 inch maps.

The streets map must allow zooming in closer.

All good

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Nice work Michael! You should mark your reply as the correct answer to close out this thread.

0 Kudos