I I have registered for a trial version of ArcGIS desktop but I am unable to download when I go to link associated in email sent by esri team regarding activation

06-15-2017 04:36 AM
SagarJangid
New Contributor

when I tried to download ArcGIS Desktop it prompts:

Our records indicate that this account is not eligible to access the ArcGIS Trial Downloads. Visit arcgis.com and sign up for the ArcGIS Trial or, if you need assistance, contact support@esri.com.

From where can I download ArcGIS Desktop for educational purpose.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Have you already used this account for a trial?

0 Kudos
SagarJangid
New Contributor

I have registered this account for trial but not yet started using the account as i am not able to download software.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am not 100% sure so I cannot say if the trial starts from when you register or when you authorize.

So, first of all check the email that has been sent and look at the date, maybe Jayanta is right. ("The object should be: Esri - Your free ArcGIS trial")

Then, if the date it's ok, be sure that the account you are logged in is the correct one. It can happen that you mix up if you have more than one.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For educational license, please contact your local Esri distributor.

For trial license, ensure that the trial period hasn't expired.

Think Location
JamesHolman
New Contributor II

Well I have tried to set up ArcGIS pro trial version using the steps advised in the setup email.  It does not work as it asks you to register your organisation name and password and when you do there are no licences available under my organisation tab.

I have to say that ESRI uses the klunkiest registration procedure for a trial product that I know.  The suggested procedure does not work as it is supposed to.  There are no workarounds and no support if you don't live in the USA. I am residing in Europe at the moment.

You can do better ESRI!

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you actually belong to an organization and are not an organization of 1, then perhaps the administrators of your organization haven't authorized users to use ArcGIS Pro.  If that is not the case, then you will have to elaborate on what type of organization you belong to and how your licenses are deployed

0 Kudos
JamesHolman
New Contributor II

Dan, 

I suggest you follow the steps for a trial version as I did.

i am an organisation of one and as an administrator the system with the trial sets me at level 2 so I cannot connect to any available licences.

ESRI in my opinion does not set up the process as it suggests in its online help.  If it wants people to trial and move onto purchasing its product the process in place does not inspire confidence in its product.

In addition,  my account shows the product is activated yet there is no activation key available.  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks for the suggestion... but if you already have everything set up, you can't sign up.. probably to avoid confusion.

Options

1. Notes for ArcGIS Trial users—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop
  2. Contact tech support
0 Kudos