positionDisplay problem in Windows 10 Tablet OS 32bit

Jump to solution
06-13-2017 07:49 AM
tanerkoka
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

We are using Arcgis Runtime SDK for Qt 10.2.6 and Qt 5.4.2 (MSVC 2013, 32 bit) Qt Creator QT\QML side. We developing Windows Application  Desktop  QT 5.4.2 MSVC2013 32bit  for Windows 10 Tablet OS 32bit   .But when we execute  app.exe when Windows Tablet location is open and when we activate PositionSource app.exe crashes.How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks

ApplicationWindow {
    id: appWindow
    width: 800
    height: 600
    title: "gpsTest"

property double scaleFactor:1

Map {
        id:myMap
        anchors.fill: parent
        focus: true
        ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer {
            url: "http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer"
        }
        positionDisplay {
            positionSource: PositionSource {
                id: positionSource
                active: true
                updateInterval: 1
            }
        }
    }
    NavigationToolbar {
        id:navigation
        map:myMap
        anchors {
            right: parent.right
            leftMargin: 50*scaleFactor
            verticalCenter: parent.verticalCenter
        }
    }
}
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Taner-

Please log an issue through Esri Technical Support so that they can triage the issue and log a bug.

Thank you,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Windows 10 isn't a supported platform for the 10.2.6 release - System requirements—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

With that said, this specific issue is likely NOT related to the Runtime API itself, but rather with the Position plugin that we ship with the SDK. Windows 10 uses a different location API under the hood, and thus requires a different position plugin for Qt. We shipped that plugin with Runtime 100.0. If you install 10.2.6 and 100.0 side by side, you should see that they both contain "SerialPortNmea.dll" and "WindowsLocationPlatform.dll", but 100.0 additional has "QtPosition_WinLocation.dll". You should theoretically be able to use those DLLs for Positioning in your 10.2.6 application. 

0 Kudos
tanerkoka

Thanks Lucas ,

I find  "QtPosition_Winlocation.dll" dll from  ArcGISQt_QMLSamples_100.0.0_win32.zip\position folder and I add (copy)  "QtPosition_Winlocation.dll"  dll to 10.2.6_win32  app ->position folder like 1.photo below  but possition  again crashes.

-But when I delete "WindowsLocationPlatform.dll" from 10.2.6_win32 app ->position folder like 2.photo app does not crash but start  position is central point (0,0 koordinate like "0.0Koordinate.jpg" )  and it's not show  anything about our location in map  when I click location button.

1.photo

1.photo

2.photo

2.photo

0.0Koordinate.jpg

0.0Koordinate

codes

win32_code

Here is also dll folders and gps.exe app in attach below "app.rar".

How can I solve urgent this important problem practical ?We are tried your theoretically suggestion practicallly but can not solved . Can be need to add different dll's like "WindowsLocationPlatform.dll" or Can be write some codes to our 10.2.6_win32 app.exe ?

Is it possible to solve ? Please help , I send all files and codes picture .

Best Regards

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Taner-

If your issue is extremely urgent, it is always a good idea to reach out to Esri Support Services, as they are able to provide you with timely technical support.

With that said, my guess is that your issue could be related to the version of Qt you are using. Our release of Runtime 100 was built with 5.6.2, making that the minimum required version, so my guess is that the Windows location plugin we built with 5.6.2 is not working with all of the other DLLs you have that are using 5.4.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
tanerkoka

Hi,

We are tried to get exe with Qt 5.7.1 version with  MSVC 2013 32 bit and when we add app folder as above error is taken as in the "5.7.1_32bit_exe.png" picture  below.

How can we solve problem ?

5.7.1_32bit_exe

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Did you rebuild your executable with this version of Qt?

0 Kudos
tanerkoka

Yes, we are rebuilded with  QT  5.7.1  but again gived same error like above "5.7.1_32bit_exe.png" picture.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Taner,

Side question: How long will you be needing 32-bit support? Is 32-bit your long-term plan? Thanks!

0 Kudos
tanerkoka

Hi Eric,

Yes , 32 - bit is our long-term plan , this may be the request of the cusomer .

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Taner-

Please log an issue through Esri Technical Support so that they can triage the issue and log a bug.

Thank you,

Luke

0 Kudos