AnsweredAssumed Answered

The difference between ArcGIS License Server Administrator and ArcGIS Administrator?

Question asked by jhodny@Newark.de.us_CityOfNewarkDE on Jun 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 by rastrauch

I just read a GeoNet article by Kory Kramer (good stuff, thank you) on upgrading ArcGIS License Server Administrator to 10.5.1 in preparation for the ArcGIS Pro 2.0 upgrade.  I still have much to learn about license managers, servers, and alike.  Perhaps a basic question, but what is the difference between the ArcGIS License Server Administrator and the ArcGIS Administrator?  I upgraded our ArcMap users to 10.5 recently and can see the licensing versions 10.1-10.5 for our products and the expiration date, etc. in the ArcGIS Administrator 'availability' screen.  In the ArcGIS LSA 'availability' screen, we are still at versions 10.1-10.4, but with the same expiration date as in the Administrator screen.  So this suggests, they are separate but related items, and I should move ahead with upgrading LSA if I want to move to Pro 2.0 without issue?  Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Outcomes