SURVEY 123 error _zone_symbol_current Task: ...

06-11-2017 04:17 PM
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

I'm getting the following error when I try to save or preview my survey.

I'm not sure where to even start with solving this!

I'm using the online builder.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Naomi,

It looks like an error in the website occured.  I'm not seeing this currently in using the website.  Can I ask what browser are using?  Is this happening on a specific survey, or can you create a new survey and save successfully?

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Hi James

I am using Chrome.

I've deleted and recreated this survey multiple times but still no luck.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the above error may have related to me trying to create rules for a couple of the questions.  

On my last attempt to recreate the survey I added all the questions without any rules.  This has allowed me to save my survey (I haven't tried to publish yet), but when I try to preview or open my survey on a new web page I am getting endless loading.  I have tried this in both Chrome and Internet Explorer, on our corporate wifi and on mobile data.   The console for this shows the following errors:

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Naomi, 

Seems you've tried on creating the survey from scratch in the web designer but still encounter the problem, right?

Would you mind sharing the URL of the "borken" survey you've created with us, such as https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/{survey id}? It will be very helpful for us to investigate the issue. 

PS: if possible, you can share the survey to Everyone, and then post the survey URL here to send it as a message to me.

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Hi diligentpig‌ I cannot share the survey as it is stuck in an endless load and will not let me do anything.

I have tried to 'save as' but I get a message saying 'Unable to create a new survey'.

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

James TedrickZhifang Wang‌ Is there a limit to the number of characters allowed within a title?

I've just tried to recreate my survey again, saving and previewing after each new question added.  It appears to have broken this time after I try to add in a question that consists of 266 characters.

"Surround areas are mown evenly and maintained between specified height ranges. No accumulation/windrowing of clippings. No spillage of clippings onto adjacent hard surfaces, structures and garden beds.No damage to trees, structures of fixtures. All edges maintained."

If this is the issue it would be great to see an error message/suggestion come up as soon as someone goes over the character limit.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Naomi,

There is a limit to the number of characters within a title - the maximum is 255 (it derives from Understanding field properties, aliases, and table display options—Help | ArcGIS Desktop ).  One thing we are working on is support for the 'note' type question in the web designer, which would be more appropriate for an instruction like the one you're providing.

0 Kudos