Divide parcel polygon to equal areas forming groups of 4

06-11-2017 03:56 AM
SLobodanKomatina
New Contributor

Hello. I have a parcel polygon which need to be divided in equal areas that forming a group of four, not as a brick wall. Actually that need to look like a parcel from the picture bellow.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What are the rules you have to use for the polygon division?  Without rules, an automated solution will not be possible.  And if you only have hundreds to do, a manual solution would be faster if the rules are many, complicated and/or there are exceptions

SLobodanKomatina
New Contributor

I want to divide it to 65 areas and I am not sure about which rule you think about. Which rule you suggest to me and how to add those rules?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That is  what  I am asking you.  I see no obvious set of rules to apply.

Your horizonal division appears to be parallel to the top boundary of the area, but the top is not a straight line so you would have to generalize the top.

If you wanted to use the bottom, then there is no rule of logic to make it useful

There is always the left boundary, but the vertical lines only are parallel to it for a bit, then they begin to change orientation.

So in short It is far more likely that the human eye could subdivide it up into appropriate lot shapes... that would leave the fiddlybits of making sure the areas were of a minimum / appropriate size and other details.  That's when you would hand the project over to your technical assistant once the conceptionalization is done    Good luck