With PGAdmin 3 I did a backup of database1 and restored it in database2.
When I try to connect to the database2 with ArcMap I get the following :
I compared both databases and they look identical (and they should be). What could be wrong ?
Please let us know all the PostgreSQL RDBMS information (from both machines) and version of the Geodatabase.
How was the restore completed in PGAdmin?
Did you copy over the st_geometry.dll to the correct location before the restore?
Did the name of the geodatabase change?
Restore a geodatabase to PostgreSQL—Help | ArcGIS Desktop
Adding Geodatabase for more visibility.
I'm using PostgreSQL 9.4 with ArcGIS 10.4.1.
This is a copy on the same machine (one machine, one instance of postgresql, 2 databases)
I created a new database in PGAdmin then did a restore with my backup file.
The name is therefore different.
Make sure the new database has the same properties as the database you are going to restore, including name, encoding, and owner.
Restore a geodatabase to PostgreSQL—Help | ArcGIS Desktop (Same link as George provided in his answer....check it for more details)
OK I did follow your advice/link and now I've got an error when using pg_restore :
# pg_restore -U sde -d sig -n public backup.backupCommand \Users invalid.
Retrieving data ...