AnsweredAssumed Answered

Loading Tile Packages (TPK Files) in Arcgis Runtime SDK for Android 100.0

Question asked by jpovoas on Jun 9, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 by sgill-esristaff

I've been creating an app for android using the Arcgis Runtime SDK for Android 100.0. In it, I have an activity that needs to create a ArcGISMap to add on my MapView, and this ArcGISMap need to load a series of Tile Packages (.TPK files) that are previously generated by the app user on another activity (I already got the later done).

I've been searching for the right way to do it, but so far the only kind of layer that seems to be compatible with using Tile Package Files is in the older version of the API (ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android 10.2.9) .

In this article about how to use offline maps on the new API version, there's only info about creating Mobile Map Packages (.MMPK files) - witch don't seem to fullfil my client's need to select a number of areas that are require to access even without connectivity, createing a Geodatabase that I could sync - also doesn't seem to be effective, as all my client needs is tiles of imagery to serve as helping base to generate reports, and even how to create Tile Packages (the .TPK files in question), but no tips or info about how to actually use them at my app.

Outcomes