What meals are included?

Jump to solution
06-08-2017 10:24 AM
JoeBryant2
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to estimate my per diem advance and can't easily find a link to what meals are included with admission to the UC.

Last year I think the opening of the Map Gallery on Monday night had food included. Plus there is the food provided at Balboa Park on Thursday night. Anything I'm missing?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There aren't typically any "true meals" included at the UC (unlike Dev Summit which has a sit down meal), but as you know the Thursday night part has enough food to call it a stand up meal, plus. 

Typically the Monday night Map Gallery Reception, and the Wednesday Family/Vendor night has enough finger food to fill you up, but not necessarily a meal.  There are also many evening "socials" and regional user group meetings, some that have munchies and beverages. Some of these are on the schedule, others are by word-of-mouth, invite, or via email (i.e. if you are part of a user group).

At noon, although not always advertised, some of the Special Interest Groups (think bigger vendors) provide a bag lunch for it's attendees.

Check the https://userconference2017.schedule.esri.com/schedule   and filter for the Conference Activities and Meeting/socials for some of these items, but again, some are not official events and therefor more word-of-mouth (not on schedule).

I typically hit one of the grocery stores when I get in town and grab a few things that are easy to carry and that will not get squished easily in my bag, melt, and/or spoil.  For those times you need something fast and cheaper.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There aren't typically any "true meals" included at the UC (unlike Dev Summit which has a sit down meal), but as you know the Thursday night part has enough food to call it a stand up meal, plus. 

Typically the Monday night Map Gallery Reception, and the Wednesday Family/Vendor night has enough finger food to fill you up, but not necessarily a meal.  There are also many evening "socials" and regional user group meetings, some that have munchies and beverages. Some of these are on the schedule, others are by word-of-mouth, invite, or via email (i.e. if you are part of a user group).

At noon, although not always advertised, some of the Special Interest Groups (think bigger vendors) provide a bag lunch for it's attendees.

Check the https://userconference2017.schedule.esri.com/schedule   and filter for the Conference Activities and Meeting/socials for some of these items, but again, some are not official events and therefor more word-of-mouth (not on schedule).

I typically hit one of the grocery stores when I get in town and grab a few things that are easy to carry and that will not get squished easily in my bag, melt, and/or spoil.  For those times you need something fast and cheaper.