Link in ArcGIS Online "My Content" to Survey 123 not recognised by FireFox and Safari.

Jump to solution
06-07-2017 11:29 AM
JohnTangenberg
New Contributor II

I am new to using Survey 123, I am using a Mac with Firefox and Safari when I choose to open a survey 123 item from my content or the details page I receive the following error in Fire Fox  -

"Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (arcgis-survey123) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

In Safari it says "Safari cant open specified address ..."

ArcGIS Online is giving me a URL that looks like this:  "arcgis-survey123://?itemId=..."

So I understand why it doesn't work, but I need to explain to others how to use this tool. Am I supposed to say "don't use the link in 'my content'?" / Edit the link somehow that I cant see?#survey 123 form

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

The behavior you're seeing is expected. When you click to try and open a survey from the form item's Item Details page, the link ("arcgis-survey123://?itemId=...") is looking for the Survey123 field app. Please see this blog post for more details,

Understanding Survey123's custom URL Scheme

You should ask your users to work with the surveys, via the Survey123 website.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

The behavior you're seeing is expected. When you click to try and open a survey from the form item's Item Details page, the link ("arcgis-survey123://?itemId=...") is looking for the Survey123 field app. Please see this blog post for more details,

Understanding Survey123's custom URL Scheme

You should ask your users to work with the surveys, via the Survey123 website.

Hope this helps

JohnTangenberg
New Contributor II

Thanks Derek,

In our use case we were going to be assigning out the survey to particular org users to adjust the content (verbiage of questions and help) them selves before publishing. So in our case an additional link to the editing interface in the "my content" or item details, similar to web App Builder and other app templates, would be really helpful. wish list

0 Kudos