ArcGIS Pro Single Use Licensing

06-05-2017 04:54 PM
JulieMikolajczyk3
New Contributor III

I'm having a problem licensing a copy of ArcGIS Pro on a computer. Through myesri, I created a new single-use license and emailed it to the end user. She opened it up on her computer through email and ran through the process to authorize it, but is getting an error about not being connected to a licensing portal. Has anyone had this problem? I've had her log in as a named user and that works fine. I had her restart, but she keeps getting the same error when she tries to authorize through the license I created for her. Any idea what might be going on?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There aren't really any "single-use" licenses for Pro (but you install it on each machine, if that is what you meant). 

Edit:  I am correcting my statement....there is a "single use option"  my mistake.  Single Use licenses—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

You can also  But you can do the "authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline", or if you have a concurrent use license manger, you can use that for more "offline use".

Licensing ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

You can also have it point to a different "portal" like you local ArcGIS Portal (if installed)

To see ore of the options from within ArcPro, click on the About (mine was in the lower left, but could vary if using a different update).

edited.

0 Kudos
JulieMikolajczyk3
New Contributor III

Thanks, Rebecca. Yeah, the Single Use option is what we've been using since it became available (maybe with version 1.4.1?, but all of a sudden today it didn't work. I'll keep researching!

0 Kudos