Using wavelet compression for a custom tile package in Survey123.

06-05-2017 08:33 AM
AlexCarrier
New Contributor II

I am currently building custom tile packages for each county in Florida which includes aerial imagery, labels which only draw at certain scales, and a vector layer representing range monuments along the coast. The .tpk's are fairly large in size so I compressed and reprojected the aerial imagery in MrSID before adding the labels and range monuments to tile. When I go to Analyze my tile package before Sharing I get and error code 10011 stating "Layer's data source uses wavelet compression". I would like to keep the .sid file if possible for storage reasons. Has anyone tried to tile a .sid file before? If so, could you point me to any documentation I could read up on? Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This isn't a Survey123-specific issue; instead it would be a question to ask in a place associated with the Desktop group.  That being said, I would be surprised if TPKs supported MrSID - they essentially try to solve the same problem (good performance multi-resolution display of an image) in very different ways.