Student version of ArcGIS 10.3.1 installation error message 'Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {943B542A-A22E-38EB-885D-52C90B865DDA}. HRESULT:0x8007371B'. I have Windows 10.

Jump to solution
06-03-2017 10:50 PM
LauraMoorhead
New Contributor II

I have searched the Internet for an answer to resolve this error but I haven't been successful. ANy help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LauraMoorhead
New Contributor II

I was able to load ArcGIS 10.3.1 successfully on my desktop machine today.  Apparently, the 1935 error that I received whenever I tried to install the software on my laptop was related to a couple of failed Windows updates on my machine. I'm in the process of re-downloading those now.  Again, thank you all for taking the time to help me.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This issue has been referenced before... and it refer to this article ... amongst others ...

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if this would help, but worth a try Error: Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC90.OpenMP,proc... 

• In Windows, click Start > Run.
  • In the Run window, type 'regedit'.
  • In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control

• In the Registry Editor dialog box, double-click RegistrySizeLimit. This opens the Edit DWORD Value dialog box.

Note:
If unable to find the RegistrySizeLimit key in the above path, click Edit > Find and search for RegistrySizeLimit.

If still unable to find the RegistrySizeLimit key, then create the key using the following steps:

a. Create the key by Right-Click > New > DWORD (32 or 64 –bit) Value. 
b. Enter ffffffff as the 'Hexadecimal' value. Click the Decimal radio button
c. Enter 4294967295 as the Decimal value.
d. Select OK and proceed to Step 6, below.

• In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, enter ffffffff as the Hexadecimal value. Click OK.
  • Reboot the machine.

Think Location
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That is my second link...

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I saw. Took me a lot of time editing a bit. You beat me.

Think Location
LauraMoorhead
New Contributor II

Thanks very much for your help. I am going to try yours and Dan Patterson's recommendations now.

LauraMoorhead
New Contributor II

Thanks very much. I am going to try it now. 

0 Kudos
LauraMoorhead
New Contributor II

Thank you all. I followed the steps outlined in the article referenced by all of you to create the RegSizeLimit key in the path listed and updated the values for DWORD to the ones listed for hexadecimal and decimal. I rebooted my laptop and then re-installed the 10.3.1 student version of ArcGIS. I received another 1935 error, this time with a different HRESULT:

'Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {943B542A-A22E-38EB-885D-52C90B865DDA}. HRESULT:0x800736FD. 

0 Kudos
LauraMoorhead
New Contributor II

I was able to load ArcGIS 10.3.1 successfully on my desktop machine today.  Apparently, the 1935 error that I received whenever I tried to install the software on my laptop was related to a couple of failed Windows updates on my machine. I'm in the process of re-downloading those now.  Again, thank you all for taking the time to help me.