Collector for ArcGIS Problem

05-31-2017 11:31 AM
DavidSchaab
New Contributor

My Collector for GIS App is installed on my Samsung Android tablet.  I have downloaded a map to use offline with a custom base map but when I tap on the map I get nothing but a spinning circle.  What could be some of the causes of this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

I would suggest checking to see if you have a wifi or cellular data connection and checking to make sure that the map is shared with the group that your login is a member of. If the maps aren't shared with the right groups they won't show up. Same for a lack of wifi or data connection.

Those are the issues that I have had before. I will post others if I think of them.

Hope it works out soon!

0 Kudos
DavidSchaab
New Contributor

Although I have already downloaded the map for offline use, I am still connected to a strong wifi connection while trying to open the map.  The map is showing up on the Collector App on the tablet so I assumed it has been shared with the appropriate users, but I just double checked and the map has been shared with the appropriate group that my login user is a member of.

Thank you for keeping this issue in mind!

0 Kudos
DavidSchaab
New Contributor

I am still having the same issue, I can provide video if need be.  Could it be possible my Collector settings are wrong?  If so, what should my settings be?  I am using the GPS built in to my device, no external GPS receiver to obtain high-accuracy data (yet I am still getting a message about NMEA).  In the location settings my location provider is an Integrated receiver with an antenna height of 0.00m, should this be an actual number?  Please help.

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

You mentioned a "custom basemap."  Does the map work offline with a different basemap?

0 Kudos
DavidSchaab
New Contributor

I did not try this; I ended up taking the tablet back to factory defaults, loaded everything back on and that seemed to work. 

Next time one of my tablets has this issue, I will try using a different basemap than my custom one and let you know if this works. 

0 Kudos