eSearch 2.4.0.2 - Default Activated Graphic Tool

Jump to solution
05-31-2017 02:23 AM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Just upgrading eSearch to v2.4.0.2 from 2.1 and noticed you have included a ''Default Activated Graphic Tool'' option. In previous versions I am using the, this.drawBox.activate('POINT'); function in the widget.js located under the  onOpen: function to re enable the BY SHAPE - Point option when moving between tabs eg Esearch, Printing, etc in the tab theme and it works very well.

I think this new configuration option ''Default Activated Graphic Tool'' when set is not working correctly with the BY VALUE tab within eSearch. Basically I think the BY VALUE tab does not get recognized the BY SHAPE functions (point, line, polygon, etc) anymore within its own environment eg toggling between the two.

Example of behavior - On eSearch startup at 2.4.0.2.

1. BY VALUE, default display tab - textual searching and Map clicking OK. Results returned.
  2. Move to BY SHAPE display tab - Map clicking OK. Results returned (Point option default)
  3. Move back to BY VALUE display tab - click on Map no information returned. Can only conduct textual searching to return information now.

Why can't we conduct Map click searching when returning back to the BY VALUE display? Previous versions allowed this and it worked really well.

Is this now an accepted behavior at 2.4.0.2? If so can you please change it back or have I configured eSearch incorrectly at the new version.

Cheers

Rod

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

Sure you can make the change. In the Widget.js find the _initTabContainer function and these lines:

if (title === this.nls.selectByAttribute || title === this.nls.selectSpatial) {
              this.drawBox.deactivate();
            }else if(title === this.nls.results && !this.keepgraphicalsearchenabled) {
            }

and comment out line 2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

You are correct that this is the new default behavior for the 2.4.0.2 version. The way that the widget use to let you activate a graphical selection tool and then switch to the "By Value" tab and still have a graphical selection tool activated caused issues for others and it did not seem proper to have the point tool activated when you are not on the "By Shape" tab.

RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response, Is there a work around. I have over 100 daily users that are use to this functionality. They don't like the idea of switching between the two to basically do the same thing, its an efficiency lose. Can you offer anything.

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

Sure you can make the change. In the Widget.js find the _initTabContainer function and these lines:

if (title === this.nls.selectByAttribute || title === this.nls.selectSpatial) {
            }else if(title === this.nls.results && !this.keepgraphicalsearchenabled) {
            }

and comment out line 2.

RodWoodfordOld

Thanks Robert,

I'll give it ago and let you know.

cheers

Rod

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld