AnsweredAssumed Answered

Failing in using Data Interoperability in PRO to convert IFC solids into multipatch featureclasses

Question asked by valraa on May 30, 2017
Latest reply on May 31, 2017 by valraa

I am trying to use the Data Interoperability extension within ArcGIS Pro (1.4.1) to reproduce what I was able to do from within ArcMap: converting a IFC to a ESRI fGDB format. The IFC has solid geometries and I would need to export them as multipatch. I attached the IFC if anybody is interested in helping.

First thing I noted: there is no Quick Import in PRO. With ArcMap, I sued to use the Quick Import with the settings provided in this ESRI post and the translation was succesfull.

In PRO I tried this workflow with no success (steps, figures, and results):

• Creation of a new ETL Tool from the Project Pane

Creation of a new ETL Tool from the Project Pane

• Location and Name choice

Location and Name choice

• Generate Workspace Window settings (Coord. System should be correct, and it worked with the Quick Import in ArcMap)

Generate Workspace Window settings

IFC parameters settings as in ESRI post.

• Choice of the Feature Types (I left everything checked as the default)

Choice of the Feature Types (I left everything checked as the default)

• Model execution (through the green RUN button)

Model execution (through the green RUN button)

The output is just a bunch of Tables and some empty linear featureclasses. Also, I attached the Translation Log if it might help.

(wrong) Result of the whole process.

From ArcMap, using the same dataset, same coordinate system, and same IFC parameters as in the linked post, I am able to export multipatch geometries. Unfortunately, ArcMap is not an option right now, and I have to stick with PRO to do this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Finally, I attached the zipped GDB derived from this process (test_DataInteropPRO_SR.gdb.zip).

Outcomes