Is it OK that home location setting from web-designer is ignored in mobile app?

05-25-2017 02:57 AM
AnastasiaNaymushina
New Contributor III

I create a survey in my account in the survey123 web site. I add a geopoint question. I have an option to select home location in the properties of this question. I select the location I need, save and publish the survey. When I open this survey on my mobile device, open map pane and tap Home button, I get to the Atlantic ocean instead of my home location. Is it a "by design" feature?

Geolocation on my device is turned off. This is the latest version of survey123 app - 2.0.56. Android 4.4.4.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi anaymushinaesri-cis-ru-esridist

Thanks for your feedback.

This is currently a known limitation. Due to a web map of GeoPoint question set in the web designer is not supported in the Survey123 field app for now, to apply same home location (zoom level+map center) to a different map (the default one in Survey123 field app) is usually not helpful.

We will let you know once it has been fixed.

MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same issue. I'm also trying to use a custom basemap (not one of the default ones). Its working fine through the browser form but in the Survey123 app it reverts back to the default basemap and our custom one doesn't show up in the list of maps. Is this a known limitation as well?

AnastasiaNaymushina
New Contributor III

I'm not using any custom basemaps. I use default esri basemap "Streets" and my home location setting is ignored in mobile app.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you're using one of the default Esri basemaps, such as "Streets", "Topo" etc., it's a known issue that the home location will miss when you open the survey in the field app.

Will let you know once it's fixed.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you're using a custom basemap in the GeoPoint question, When opening the survey created from the website in the Survey123 filed app, home location set in the web designer will not be supported in the Survey123 field app until we implement the support of a web map in the Survey123 field app.

MalcolmJ

Do you know when the home location bug will be fixed and webmap support will be available?

MalcolmJ

Is there a target date to get the bug fixed and webmap support in the Survey123 app introduced? This is stopping us from using this software for our public surveys.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Malcolm,

Can I ask how the lack of web map support is stopping your use of Survey123? 

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

Sure - its more that its stopping us from using the app. We can use the browser form as it supports the custom basemap but it doesn't load in the app. Instead we have to use one of the generic basemaps which doesn't have the necessary information on it (hence why I build a custom basemap with our own data).

I'd like to be able to use the app as well as the browser form