Arcgis annotation to cad text

Jump to solution
05-24-2017 05:26 PM
DewaineHobby
New Contributor II

Ok I'm still learning so be patient with me... turning labels into annotation.. I can do, I need then to send the annotation to autocad... I've tried with the conversion tool (to cad) export to cad but nothing converts or goes to cad.. what am I doing wrong... thanks for any and all help..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Great! I am glad it worked out. If this helped answer your question, please click on "Mark Correct" on the thread response that helped. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Dewaine,

What software program are you running to convert your labels (and what version)?

Either way, take a look at this article for steps on doing this (I hope this helps):

How To: Export geodatabase feature classes to CAD including annotation using the Export to CAD Tool 

DewaineHobby
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply, I am running arcgis 10.5, I can convert the labels to annotation with no problem storing it in the map and I just seen in the link you sent that can't be exported to cad, every time I try to save in database it says something like data base can't be found now I've got to figure out how to get them into a the data base, I will do some more with the link you sent this weekend  Thanks and for any more info you can supply...

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I'll be curious to see how it turns out. Keep us posted.

DewaineHobby
New Contributor II

For some reason the data base server part was not working right I reinstall it and set it up and then converted the labels to annotation and used the to cad tool and it worked perfect... it send the annotation to a dwg and I open in autocad just what I needed... thanks for the help...

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Great! I am glad it worked out. If this helped answer your question, please click on "Mark Correct" on the thread response that helped. Thanks!