Story Map Shortlist iOS issue

Jump to solution
05-18-2017 01:12 PM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

I've been testing out the Shortlist Storymap beta app. The app is great, and the template perfect for what I'm trying to achieve.  

However, when viewing the app with an iOS device, if you click on an individual entry on the map, and then scroll the lower half of the screen down to the bottom (to see the event details) it just skips to the next entry. This doesn't happen with Android devices, but all of the iOS devices I have tried exhibit the issue.  Many of the entries on the map I'm working on have a hyperlink at the bottom, and this makes it very difficult  (almost impossible?!) to access them on an iPhone.

The map that I've been working on is here: http://arcg.is/2orNdqc 

Thanks all for any help you can provide. 

Helen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for notifying us about this issue which we can repro too. We have a bug logged here for it now. It looks like on iOS if you swipe to scroll down to the bottom of a long place description, and your finger swipes the image, that is incorrectly interpreted by the app as a tap/click on the image, which is our generic Shortlist shortcut for advancing to the next place in the browse sequence. Not an issue on Android like you say. We are going to look into this for our next scheduled update (tentatively late June).

Rupert

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for notifying us about this issue which we can repro too. We have a bug logged here for it now. It looks like on iOS if you swipe to scroll down to the bottom of a long place description, and your finger swipes the image, that is incorrectly interpreted by the app as a tap/click on the image, which is our generic Shortlist shortcut for advancing to the next place in the browse sequence. Not an issue on Android like you say. We are going to look into this for our next scheduled update (tentatively late June).

Rupert

HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Rupert,

Thanks for such a quick response, that's great. It's a shame that the use of my map will be finished by then (as it is for a series of events in early June) but it will still be great to get this fixed.

Many thanks, 

Helen