ARCVIEW

05-18-2017 01:59 AM
francescarusso
New Contributor III

HI,

I have been asked to provide some data that can be read in GIS (ARCVIEW). Is it not reading a regular .gdb data?

If not, any suggestion? What I have is just an .gdb. Can I convert the data in some how?

Many thanks,

F

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have ArcMap (Standard/Advanced license), you could export the data from File Geodatabase (*.gdb) to shapefiles. ArcView should be able to read shapefiles.

Think Location
0 Kudos
francescarusso
New Contributor III

Thanks. do you know what about the raster I have in my .gdb?How can I export?

Cheers

F

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Open the respective image in ArcMap > Right-click the layer > Export.

Save the raster in a basic folder (not in a geodatabase) in either *.tif or *.img format.

FAQ: What are all the file extensions related to ArcView?

Exporting a raster in ArcMap

Think Location
0 Kudos
francescarusso
New Contributor III

Thanks. I have tried to follow the instruction in the provided link, but when  I try to export, it seems the only way it saves it is .dbf so it doesn't make the job

F

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A DBF option will come when you are saving a table. Are you sure you are exporting the Raster data? Could you provide screenshots?

Think Location
0 Kudos
francescarusso
New Contributor III

So it is a Side scan sonar raster. Please see below

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What version of ArcMap are you using? I am getting the following options of saving the Raster in following formats when my output location is a basic folder. I am using ArcMap 10.1.

Raster Type

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try converting Raster Catalog to Raster Dataset. Save it with .tif or .img extension.

Think Location
0 Kudos
francescarusso
New Contributor III

ArcMap 10.2. How bizarre is this?

0 Kudos