What excites everyone about Survey123? (break time from programming folks)

05-17-2017 07:41 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Everyone,

This is simply to distract your mind and let the synapses regenerate!! Haha!!  

Trust me, I can manipulate my fire department's surveys until the cows come home, but sometimes distraction is the best medicine.

With that being said, what EXCITES EVERYONE WITH SURVEY123????  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MitchellProctor
Occasional Contributor II

Well, as part of the development team I am admittedly a little biased. But the first thing that really excited me about Survey123 when I started trying it was when I realized how flexible it was, and just what systems I'd seen elsewhere that I could adapt into surveys.

And this doesn't even include actual surveys! My test 'surveys' include a political doorknocking script and a functional adaptation of how a particular video game challenge run works, both of them born of me going 'hey, I wonder if I can do this'.

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

Gathering requirements from a diverse group of drone pilots and their leads, spread in the enterprise, I think I would have resigned from the role without Survey123. Its not perfect but its done right with its available feature set. When it comes to mobile and the requirement includes location, offline, map, supported devices and flexible fields and pick list, that's always a difficult mix. Also they need it yesterday. Just need to keep adding popular ideas and a few more flexibility, search(), email(notification) and export to pdf. It would be perfect. Yes feature layers editing in portal and maybe the web version - available as an app from AGOL in Portal, not tested that yet though. I'm not too sure how  IWS in portal and builtin identity in AGOL would work.

I describe it as not the end all mobile solution, but its done right. The publisher needs to pick the right application for Survey123 in their business. 

0 Kudos