Moving points in Story Map Tour

Jump to solution
05-15-2017 11:47 AM
MarkFleming
New Contributor III

I'm finding in impossible to accurately locate a point in Story Map Tour. The little window says "Move me around or change my color. I can easily change the color but the point will not move.

Also when adding a new point, the location tab allows the input of decimal coordinates but only to three decimal places. For two points that are close together, this is not enough accuracy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkFleming
New Contributor III

Bingo; It is a browser issue!Chrome is the big loser. I can't move points on either tablet with the chrome browser.IE on the surface pro allows me to move points but not on the Xperia. Firefox 

Chrome is the big loser. I can't move points on either tablet with the chrome browser.

IE on the Surface Pro tablet allows me to move points, but not on the Xperia.

The only way to move points on the Xperia is with Firefox! 

Complicated!

Thanks, Adrian

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MarkFleming
New Contributor III

Addendum; this inability to move points is with our tablets. We can move points with a desktop computer. 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Mark,

I'm guessing this has to do with the tablet's mobile-based web browser. Which tablet and which browser are you using to try and move these points? I wonder if there is a way to 'force' the browser to act like a full-desktop-sized browser in order for you to have full functionality. 

MarkFleming
New Contributor III

Adrian; 

I have two, a Sony Xperia and a Surface Pro 4.

Thank you

Mark

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Mark, which browsers are you using on your devices? Have you tried other browsers to see if they will behave properly?

0 Kudos
MarkFleming
New Contributor III

Bingo; It is a browser issue!Chrome is the big loser. I can't move points on either tablet with the chrome browser.IE on the surface pro allows me to move points but not on the Xperia. Firefox 

Chrome is the big loser. I can't move points on either tablet with the chrome browser.

IE on the Surface Pro tablet allows me to move points, but not on the Xperia.

The only way to move points on the Xperia is with Firefox! 

Complicated!

Thanks, Adrian

Mark

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

All mobile browsers behave differently than their full-fledged counterparts. I am glad this was an "easy" fix.

0 Kudos
EmilyLong
New Contributor

On desktop. Just tried moving points on Chrome, Firefox, Edge. None worked. But guess what does? Internet Explorer!  Really hope that's not ESRI's preferred browser.... 

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Emily, you should be able to moving your Map Tour points around on any browser, not just IE

We do hear this occasionally about Map Tour and Shortlist and would like to track it down. It does seem to sometimes happen if you are signed in to an ArcGIS Organization in which the web maps use a Org level locator that references a missing data source, or references an HTTP data source in an HTTPS org. We'd recommend contacting Esri Support about the issue so they can help track it down.

Rupert

0 Kudos