Geopoint ends up at 0,0?

Jump to solution
05-13-2017 12:29 PM
BrianWebb3
New Contributor III

Hello,

I made a custom URL in the pop up of my feature service in Collector to then open a survey in Survey 123. In the hyperlink, I have specific text that I want pulled over into the form and auto populate from my feature service in collector.  This all works fine. However, when I use the &center code to help place a location in the feature service that my form created, not all my points populate correctly. Some of the lat/lon populate into my feature service for the form fine, but some populate at 0,0. I have taken the following steps to hope to remedy this:

1.  Create a brand new feature class in WGS84, calculate lat/lon and publish to AGO. 

2.  Once published, add the feature to a new map in AGO and customize the hyperlink to pull over my text from collector to Survey123 and &center the lat/lon so my feature service that was created by my form pops up in my collector map (I use this to help field staff visualize which assests they have visited already)

3.  When clicking the custom hyperlink in Collector, not all of my assets center at the correct lat/lon that should be pulled from my feature service. Some do and some end up at 0,0. 

What am am I missing? Or what other detail do I need to give for someone to help me?

its always the same assets that work and same ones that do not. I have looked at the length of the lat/lon numbers to see if there is some pattern, maybe having too many decimals, etc. the field I calculate in the mxd is set to double before publishing the service. 

Thank you for any help anyone can provide. 

Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianWebb3
New Contributor III

Confirmed. I took out the # from the record in the feature service in collector and everything worked out fine for the ones that were populating at 0,0 before.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrianWebb3
New Contributor III

After more testing it appears that when my form pulls over any information that has "#" in the attribute it doesnt bring that text over after that # and moves the point to 0,0. Any of the other points that do not have any "#" in the fields work just fine. 

0 Kudos
BrianWebb3
New Contributor III

Confirmed. I took out the # from the record in the feature service in collector and everything worked out fine for the ones that were populating at 0,0 before.  

0 Kudos