Limiting the geographic area of vision per user in ArcGIS online Web App

05-12-2017 01:37 AM
DIALLOAbdoulaye
New Contributor II

Hello EveryOne ,

i am looking for a solution to limite the geographic area of vision per user in ArcGIS online Web App.

In fact i am working on project  for the whole country and each user has his own region

I want set the application so that each user can only visualize the data of  his region .

Thank in advance for any help .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If you have an attribute in your hosted feature service that indicates the region, I guess you could apply Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS to create different views and define the permissions per region in a group per region and add the specific user for that region to the group.

DIALLOAbdoulaye
New Contributor II

Hello Xander ,

Thank for your reply ,

unfornately i have more than 200 region , i have already tried this solution wich is not suitable since  i don't want have high number of group.

Any auther idea would be highly appreciated.

Thank,

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In this thread: Restrict user access to ArcGIS Online feature service by extent , Kelly Gerrow is suggesting to create an idea for this functionality. Seems you are not the only one that has this requirement. If you do create the idea, please post it back here so that other users can find it and can vote the idea up (I know I would). 

0 Kudos