custom feature service is not compatible (Geometry)

Jump to solution
05-11-2017 08:26 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am building a survey with feature layer and related records. I am editing values in both. I don't really want to edit the geometry of the feature layer so I removed the geopoint. Now I get that error message when I submit my data:

How can I avoid that?

Thanks,

Alex

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, Survey123 is still enforcing a check for a point geometry field (as the default behavior for Survey123 is to submit the location of the device when a geometry field is present).  A possible workaround would be to publish a Feature Service linking to the same data, if this hosted on an ArcGIS Server.  We have an enhancement request for this workflow; I've added your comments to the request.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, Survey123 is still enforcing a check for a point geometry field (as the default behavior for Survey123 is to submit the location of the device when a geometry field is present).  A possible workaround would be to publish a Feature Service linking to the same data, if this hosted on an ArcGIS Server.  We have an enhancement request for this workflow; I've added your comments to the request.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James,

Can you give me more details about the work around? I am going to try that. Should I move away from AGOL and use ArcGIS server or the two would work in conjunction?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex, 

yes, this would be on an ArcGIS Server.  You would publish a map document with the layer in it *with the SHAPE field turned off* - this would hide the geometry.  If you needed to update the geometry over the we in another application (Collector), you could publish a version with the shape field checked on.

0 Kudos