display pop-up information in a side panel

Jump to solution
05-05-2017 03:07 PM
AllisonHoff
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I am trying to make a story map or configurable web app where the pop up information displays in a side panel. I am sure I saw this option - but don't know where. I am designing an app for a possible internship provider for high school students. The 'client' said he wished he could move the pop up so it would not cover up the feature - so I suggested the side panel. The interns may have to use this in the field so I think a table could take up too much room on the screen. Suggestions, ideas, warnings welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Allison

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Side Panel pop ups are also available configurations in these configurable apps. The apps have some different interactions to display the pop ups so see which one will work the best for your use case.

The minimalist (and embed map) have side panel pop ups. They can display when you click on a feature or if you search for a feature in your feature layer: https://webapps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Minimalist/index.html?appid=3d75398b402b4d73a53d4fb564512d35 

The information lookup app enables you to display information from multiple layers in a side panel pop up. Example

The Geo List app also displays pop up information in a side panel as it guides users through specific features. Example

See which app works best for you or look into custom coding using the link Rickey Fite‌ mentioned

Let us know if you have any questions,

-Kelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Side Panel pop ups are also available configurations in these configurable apps. The apps have some different interactions to display the pop ups so see which one will work the best for your use case.

The minimalist (and embed map) have side panel pop ups. They can display when you click on a feature or if you search for a feature in your feature layer: https://webapps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Minimalist/index.html?appid=3d75398b402b4d73a53d4fb564512d35 

The information lookup app enables you to display information from multiple layers in a side panel pop up. Example

The Geo List app also displays pop up information in a side panel as it guides users through specific features. Example

See which app works best for you or look into custom coding using the link Rickey Fite‌ mentioned

Let us know if you have any questions,

-Kelly