accessing data from Spatiotemporal Big Data store

05-05-2017 09:27 AM
SharonMeier
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I'll start here and if I need post somewhere please let me know.    I have a WebGIS confiigured with ArcGIS Server and Portal, a second server configured with GeoEvent Processor, and a third server with the big data store.  Everything appears to be working correctly.  I've created a GeoEvent service that is adding data to a feature server in the BDS.   However, when I try to display that feature service on a map in Portal I get an error indicating that the feature service is not responding.    I'm kind of stuck on where to begin troubleshooting.   If i try to access the BDS "datastoreadmin" (https://xxxxxxxxxx:2443/arcgis/datastoreadmin/ ) I get error code 403.   Can't seem to find any info on that error.    Has anyone else encountered this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sharon, 

First off apologies for the delay in this message. Secondly, are you still noticing this behavior? With the Spatiotemporal Big Data Store, the best place to start troubleshooting is the ArcGIS Server REST endpoint. The spatiotemporal map and feature services are exposed there, and you can perform queries to understand if the data itself is responding at this level. If you're getting good queries and responses at the REST endpoint, you may need to look further into the Portal side of things. There could be other variables such as network connectivity, SSL traffic or a mis-configuration that could affect performance. 

- Chris 

SharonMeier
New Contributor III

Hi Chris, 

One of the issues I'm having is that the spatiotemporal map service is not being created.  After working with Samuel with ESRI support we got the feature service working and displaying on a portal map.   

0 Kudos
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sharon, 

Thank you for the reply. If I may ask, is the map service not being created at all, or is it not being displayed within the GeoEvent Manager webpage? Esri Support has seen a few cases already of where the map service is getting created and can be viewed at the REST endpoint, but will not display within GeoEvent Manager. If this is the case, it is likely due to a corrupted index somewhere in the chain of products between the ArcGIS Data Store and the GeoEvent Manager. I'm currently keeping a tally on the number of customers with this behavior as it has proved tricky to isolate and test and I have not been able to reproduce it with any environment that I've setup. If this applies to you please let me know and I can add it to my list. If the map service is not being created at all, it could suggest another problem with one of the products. 

- Chris

0 Kudos
SharonMeier
New Contributor III

Chris, 

The map service does not show up in the GeoEvent Manager, but I can see it at the REST endpoint.   However, when I click on the link in the REST endpoint I get the message below:

0 Kudos
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sharon, 

This is what I suspected, and tells me that the index for the map service is most likely corrupted or not functioning correctly. Currently we've seen this behavior at both the 10.4.x and 10.5.x versions of GeoEvent, but the exact cause hasn't been isolated yet. I would continue working with Esri Support to find the best suitable workaround. 

- Chris