Bug in ArcGIS Pro Legend

Jump to solution
05-03-2017 12:13 PM
ErickPound1
New Contributor

I think I found a bug in ArcGIS Pro. Using both 1.4 and 1.4.1 when I create a legend and select "Only show features visible in the map extent" the entire legend goes blank. If I also check "Show feature counts" it works as advertised (albeit with feature counts). Can anyone else replicate this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...I'm testing your workflow as written in 1.4.1 and am not see this behavior.  Do you have another user in your office to replicate this on their computer?  This will tell us if it's PC specific or software.  Thx!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I tested your workflow in ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and if I check "Only show features visible in the map extent" and zoom to an area where the features are not present, then those item(s) turn off in the legend.  When I zoom back out to where features are present, then the legend turns back on.  The "Show feature counts" had no effect on this workflow.  I don't think it's a bug but expected behavior.  Unless I'm missing something here.  Pls advise.

ErickPound1
New Contributor

I am currently using 1.4.1. While agree with the results you got, it's not quite the situation I'm having. When I am zoomed to a level that has the features present it will correctly display the correct count, however when the count feature checkbox is unchecked and the checkbox to only display the features in the map extent is checked, all features in the legend disappear. This happens all without zooming whatsoever. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...I'm testing your workflow as written in 1.4.1 and am not see this behavior.  Do you have another user in your office to replicate this on their computer?  This will tell us if it's PC specific or software.  Thx!

0 Kudos
ErickPound1
New Contributor

Well, thanks for trying that out for me. I have tried it in a new project and it doesn't seem to replicate. It still performs as described in that one project. Since I'm finished with that project, I suppose it's a non-issue. I'll mark corrected and if I happen to find something that rectifies it I'll repost here. Thanks again.   

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

Erick did you ever find any more information on this bug? At 2.1, the legend items filter by extent will work as long as either (1) the feature layer has a single symbol  or (2) for field based classifications, at least one feature is within the extent. If no features in a classified layer are within the extent, all classes show in the legend. Just plain goofy. Thanks, cob

0 Kudos