ArcPro Question:

05-02-2017 10:31 AM
LisaJuru1
New Contributor II

When it comes to Symbology, is there a way of still showing bar charts on the maps or at least in a layout in ArcPro. This was possible in ArcMap and so I am just wondering if this is still a feasible task in ArcPro?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Lisa,

Have you been able to make a chart in Pro yet?  You can right click a layer and there should be an option to "Create Chart".  Once you do that you can export the chart to an image file, then when you have your layout tab active there will be an option to add a picture to it.  There might be an easier way to do it, but this is how I've been doing it lately.

LisaJuru1
New Contributor II

Thank you for getting back to me, I have created a chart in ArcPro before but how exactly will I export the chart I have created into an image?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 2.0 BETA, you create the chart the same way via the Feature Layer->Data contextual tab, create a new layout or open an existing layout, and then go to the Insert core tab to insert the chart of interest.  Once the chart is inserted onto the layout a Chart Frame->Format contextual tab open for chart formatting.  You can convert the chart to graphics but doing so will bring the link to the table.

If you wish to export the chart simply to an image, then on the Chart tab, there is an Export function available to export to svg, png, or jpg.

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

There should be an export button on the chart once you create it.  You might have to un-dock it to get the button to be visible:

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 2.0 BETA, the Map Surrounds for the Insert Core tab now includes the ability to add a chart to the map layout.  I haven't tested this yet but it's new functionality for 2.0.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Charts are fully supported in a layout in AGP 2.2 - http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/layouts/charts.htm