AnsweredAssumed Answered

Address locator fails to locate intersections of numbered streets

Question asked by jbigham1 on Apr 30, 2017
Latest reply on May 17, 2017 by jbigham1

Hi, I've built a new address locator in ArcGIS 10.5 using the US Dual Ranges locator style. It's a simple locator that use the intersection, city and state. However, it is giving strange results for some intersections of numbered streets such as 98th St, 223rd St, 71st St, etc. You can see in the screenshots below, where I am trying to match Avion Dr & 98th St.

Avion Dr & 98th St:

Setting the match score very low shows the only candidates that are shown are actually StreetAddress types that have no relevance to the location. 

98th St & Avion Dr:

However, switching the primary and secondary roads, it actually does return an accurate set of results. 

Avion Dr & 98th:

Alternatively, if I remove the St suffix from 98th, it also returns accurate results. 

It seems like a pretty basic intersection search, but obviously the results for the original format are bogus. The locator results work fine for non-numbered style streets. I have been using a locator built in 10.3 and it works very well. There's no way I can update to a 10.5 format with these results. Does anyone have any ideas or seen this before? I've been exploring editing the USAddress.lot file, but don't think this scenario should require that. 

Thanks.

Outcomes