Rearranging Fields in Popups

Jump to solution
05-01-2017 09:41 AM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to configure a popup so that it displays certain fields in a certain order.  I can turn fields on and off in the field list, but can't figure out how to rearrange them.  Is this possible?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyFairbairn
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 1.4 does do this.  You just rearrange the field (view) order in your attribute table by dragging fields around.  However, it does seem to take a while for the change to actually filter through to pop-ups for some reason, which is possibly why Robert thought it wasn't working (doubt it'll be something that will have been removed in the later version??).  I can't figure out a good way to trigger the pop-ups to update themselves faster, it just seems to happen eventually, possibly due to other stuff I was doing.  One way clumsy way is to save your project, re-open it, then right click layer name>Configure Popup>double click on Fields and you'll see that the order of the fields now matches your attribute table. Press the Back arrow to the left of Field Options and now when you click your features the order in the pop-up will have also changed (it doesn't work unless you use the back arrow). 

Edit: another clumsy method, but at least avoids closing the project.  After you've changed the order of the attribute table in your target layer, first go into the Configure Popup for a different layer, and then click on your target layer name.  Double click Fields, which will have now updated to the right order, and then press the back arrow which updates the popup.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Mark - I'm working with an ArcGIS Pro BETA 2.0 and do not see a way to move up/down fields in the Field Options for  configuring popups.  Even tried moving fields in the attribute table and although I can do that, the Field Options keep the fields in their original order.

0 Kudos
AndyFairbairn
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 1.4 does do this.  You just rearrange the field (view) order in your attribute table by dragging fields around.  However, it does seem to take a while for the change to actually filter through to pop-ups for some reason, which is possibly why Robert thought it wasn't working (doubt it'll be something that will have been removed in the later version??).  I can't figure out a good way to trigger the pop-ups to update themselves faster, it just seems to happen eventually, possibly due to other stuff I was doing.  One way clumsy way is to save your project, re-open it, then right click layer name>Configure Popup>double click on Fields and you'll see that the order of the fields now matches your attribute table. Press the Back arrow to the left of Field Options and now when you click your features the order in the pop-up will have also changed (it doesn't work unless you use the back arrow). 

Edit: another clumsy method, but at least avoids closing the project.  After you've changed the order of the attribute table in your target layer, first go into the Configure Popup for a different layer, and then click on your target layer name.  Double click Fields, which will have now updated to the right order, and then press the back arrow which updates the popup.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, that works for me.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
JeffreyHolden
New Contributor III

This eventually worked. 

I also needed to Edit, close and reopen the attribute table, before changes were seen in the popup.

0 Kudos