Find the redius from center point to visible area top most point

04-28-2017 06:30 AM
chiragshah3
New Contributor

I need to marker in visible are of the map for that i need radius from center point and one more thing how we know that map region has changed? I am using 100.0 SDK

Old SDK method

func mapViewDidLoad(mapView: AGSMapView!)//register for pan notifications NSNotificationCenter.defaultCenter().addObserver(self, selector: "respondToEnvChange:", name: AGSMapViewDidEndPanningNotification, object: nil)           //register for zoom notifications NSNotificationCenter.defaultCenter().addObserver(self, selector: "respondToEnvChange:", name: AGSMapViewDidEndZoomingNotification, object: nil)           ... }       // The method that should be called when the notification arises func respondToEnvChange(notification:NSNotification) {            //create the string containing the new map extent NSString*  let theString = "xmin = \(mapView.visibleAreaEnvelope.xmin),   \nymin = \(mapView.visibleAreaEnvelope.ymin),   \nxmax = \(mapView.visibleAreaEnvelope.xmax),   \nymax = \(mapView.visibleAreaEnvelope.ymax)"           //display the new map extent in a simple alert  NSLog("The visible extent = %@", theString)  }
1 Reply
MarkDostal
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question!

In order to get notified when the map view's visible area changes, you would use the AGSMapView's (through the AGSGeoView base class) `viewpointChangedHandler` property.  This bock you set the handler to gets called when the viewpoint of the map view changes.  You would then use the `currentViewpoint(with:)` method to get the current viewpoint from which you can get the map view's extent.

```

// set the mapview's viewpointChangedHandler to get notified when the map is panned/zoomed/rotated

self.mapView.viewpointChangedHandler = { [weak self] () -> Void in

//get the current viewpoint, using the .boundingGeometry type

let viewpoint = self?.mapView.currentViewpoint(with: .boundingGeometry)

//get the viewpoint's targetGeometry, which in the case of `.boundingGeometry` is an AGSEnvelope

let currentExtent = viewpoint?.targetGeometry as? AGSEnvelope

print("The visible extent = \(currentExtent)")

}

```

Everytime the map is panned/zoomed/rotated, you will get something like this:

`The visible extent = Optional(AGSEnvelope: [(-13038516.202202, 4043517.025954), (-13038509.204197, 4043529.473073)], sr: 3857)`

Let me know if that doesn't work for you or you need more help.

0 Kudos