vsfoote

Moderated Sticky Threads - Vetted "Best Practices" or "Start Here"

Discussion created by vsfoote on Jan 4, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 by jbarry-esristaff
Jim,

Is there any possibility of establishing some Best Practices or Start Here threads set Sticky in some of the Key forums. Then assign/elect a competent moderator from the community or an ESRI product engineer and vet the proposed sticky content in some fashion.

Myself I see some benefit to Forum users of having a single thread sticky at the top of the ArcGIS Desktop - Installation, Configuration forum where we, as a community, can consolidate correct practical instructions--with reference to published KB, topical threads, or specific OS configuration and load steps.

I know that each Forum would probably have a slightly different spin on its Best Practices or Start Here threads. But having them in place would help to redirect first time visitors out of the General forum. And it would give us a consistent location to reference when answering commonly raised questions in each forum.

Hate to say it, but I'm growing weary of answering the same Desktop Installation and Configuration questions repeatedly (yet hopefully with some consistency). I need some relief and I know others would appreciate it as well.

Stuart

Outcomes