ArcPy COGO settings

04-27-2017 03:39 PM
tempLenJacobson
New Contributor

Greetings.  We have legacy ArcGIS VBA code that takes COGO ground to grid correction factors (Direction Offset and Distance Factor) from a database and inserts them into the Edit Properties using IEditProperties2.  I am porting the tool to ArcPy in 10.4.1.

I have no trouble getting the fields from the database but I see no ArcPy method/interface to update the Edit Properties that VBA refers to as .DistanceCorrectionFactor and .AngularCorrectionOffset.

In addition to the Editor-Options dialog, the COGO Ground to Grid Correction tool is another way to enter the 2 settings, but as I understand it toolboxes can be automated in arcpy but not tools.

I’m pretty comfortable in Python but can’t find a way to set these edit environment settings.  Any ideas?

Old VBA code snip attached.

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is nothing in the arcpy tree as you have probably checked, but for the benefit of others... the Arcpy tree

0 Kudos
Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

I was wondering how to change the Editor Options as well. I used to have a little VBA button that would switch between quadrant bearing and north azimuth for me.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

python only... you would have to check the link I posted in my thread to see if arcpy function exist

0 Kudos
Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

Yes, I was saying I have the same issue. The arcpy doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

With ArcGIS Pro: Enable COGO and Disable COGO.

0 Kudos
Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

Thanks! Unfortunately (to my knowledge), ArcGIS Pro doesn't support ground to grid correction.

0 Kudos