Shortlist storymap beta feedback

04-27-2017 07:35 AM
KristieGianopulos
New Contributor

I want to be able to change the point symbology in the shortlist story map. The huge rectangular marker with an arrow shape on the bottom is not cutting it for us, and the inability to change this point symbology is very frustrating.

Also, I can't figure out a way to go back to the original dialogue when the data were imported, to change they attribute field that the tabs are based on. The only way I can figure out how to do this is to start all over again, and this is also frustrating. Please add more customization and more flexibility with this story map. It is an excellent and needed "template", but is not giving us quite what we need.

Thank you.

Kristie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kristie -- As you've determined, the ability to change the map symbols is not currently supported in Shortlist. However, all Esri's Story Map apps are open source, so you can download the code and customize it to make that modification.

You can download the app code from GitHub, and here's an article with more information about customizing and hosting your own version of a Story Map.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
KristieGianopulos
New Contributor

Hello Owen,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have looked into using the “as-is” version of connecting to my data, and am editing the mapping symbols in the web map instead.

When I use the “as-is” template version, I seem to be unable to change the color of the header. Do you know how I can do that? Or am I stuck with gray?

Thank you,

Kristie

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Kristie -- Unfortunately, the header color is not configurable at this time. To change it you'd need to download the code, customize it's appearance and host it yourself. If you're interested in exploring this option we recently published an article about how to host your own story map.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos