How to enter an image as a thumbnail or link

Jump to solution
04-25-2017 02:57 PM
RebeccaFuda
New Contributor III

I am creating a survey for collecting biological samples from various game species. I would like the user to be able to click on a link or thumbnail image to view a larger image of a tooth aging chart for the species of interest, which is entered in a different question. I understand that I can insert images as notes, and use the relevant field to determine which image will be viewed depending on which species was entered in the previous question, but the image is very large.  Is there a way to enter the image as a thumbnail or link so that the user only views the image if s/he wants to do so?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

We currently don't support this in Survey123.  I've added your request to the enhancement for this type of feature (technically, having a column called big_image that would link to full-size image and image would link to a thumbnail).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

We currently don't support this in Survey123.  I've added your request to the enhancement for this type of feature (technically, having a column called big_image that would link to full-size image and image would link to a thumbnail).

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Any update on this?  I would like to show a small image for space and then click on it to make it bigger.  Just like it does for select multiple.

I would like to do this in a Note field since it is just an image that is not really connected to a question.

thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

I believe you are after something similar to the "question height" parameter which can currently be used on image and map questions. Based on your requirement above you would want to see this on note questions also?

Esri custom columns—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation 

If so, can you raise this as an enhancement via Esri Support, and also create an idea on ArcGIS Ideas page for Survey123.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would to be able to show a small image and then when you click on it a larger image appears just like on select questions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I came up with a work around using groups.  Still would love to see this as an option though.

I have an animation but over 5MB for attach which is really low.

Before

DougBrowning_0-1615495372861.png

After

DougBrowning_1-1615495395264.png

thanks