Error with ArcGIS Pro 1.4.1 Exports

04-21-2017 10:27 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to export PDF,JPG or TIF and keep getting black squares in place of my inset map's LiDAR surface model raster. Each inset map is a separate map in ArcGIS Pro and I've placed them in my layout (if there's another way to do inset maps, I'm curious to know what it is since inserting data frames is gone). The LiDAR raster has DRA and a contrast stretch applied to it, but I don't think that's the issue. I've tried multiple export formats and options with no success. A graphic comparison of the Pro window vs the export is attached. I appreciate any help I can get.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried printing to file using a postscript printer, and then convert that to a PDF?  That has helped me on occasion with some of the printing issues of Pro and Arcmap.  The file might be a PRN, if it is you can rename the extension to PS, then you can open with Bluebeam (what I use) to convert.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, Tony. I'm  pretty locked down as far as installing software here, so I tried opening the PostScript file using the Adobe Acrobat X CreatePDF option and it failed (it didn't really say why though).

0 Kudos
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

If you want to send the file to me, I can try to convert with BlueBeam.  There is also CutePDFWriter that installs as a print driver, could be another option.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

I opened the file, but it was blank.  One question, what driver did you print to?  Are you sure it was a postscript driver?  In the control panel > devices and printers, right click to the driver Properties, the model name of the printer should have a "ps" in it.  I'm wondering if that could be the issue.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The printer is a RICOH PostScript printer using the NSi Universal PostScript Driver.  The PostScript defaults from the printer's PostScript tab are Language Level 3, TrueType Font Download: Automatic, Error Handler: True, Output Option: Speed, and Mirrored Output: False.

0 Kudos
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

Did you figure your issue out?  If you want to send me a map package  could test on our end to see if we get different results. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No progress. I think I might contact tech support because they've noted some other export bugs based on a question I had previously. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

Good luck.

0 Kudos