Calculate Emergency Help

Jump to solution
04-19-2017 09:58 AM
TonyStrothers
New Contributor III

HELP!!!!

I have a rush job and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this to work.

Here's the deal:

User selects one (select_one) calculation type for volume from a list of 6. For our example let's just say:

1. Times 10

2. Times 20

3. Times 30

4. Times 40

5. Times 50

6. Times 60

Next ... They are prompted to enter a volume. Let's say they enter 3

Let's say I chose option 4 in the select_one area above. So with my input of 3 they calculated value would be 120 (That's 40 X 3). So what I need to know is how I can do a calculate on the fly to look at their select_one choice for the calculation type for volume and then multiple it by the number entered. Storing that number that's been calculated in a single field and displaying it for the user.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like you just need to create three fields –

1.      Select_one question (dependent on how you setup the choices as “text” or “number” values for the “Times” number choice)
  2.      Volume (assuming this is a integer or decimal field)
  3.      Results of calculation (decimal or integer)

Within the calculations field (column M) you would enter the following formula if question one is an

1.      integer or decimal (${Select_one})*(${Volume})
  2.      as text (number(${Select_one}))*(${Volume})
  3.      you could even apply the round function to get the results to be rounded to a certain decimal.

One thing I did forget to mention is that you could also use the pulldata request in order to pull a numeric value that is dependent upon the answer selected within your select_one question.

This link might be of help - http://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformformulas.htm

Good Luck!

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like you just need to create three fields –

1.      Select_one question (dependent on how you setup the choices as “text” or “number” values for the “Times” number choice)
  2.      Volume (assuming this is a integer or decimal field)
  3.      Results of calculation (decimal or integer)

Within the calculations field (column M) you would enter the following formula if question one is an

1.      integer or decimal (${Select_one})*(${Volume})
  2.      as text (number(${Select_one}))*(${Volume})
  3.      you could even apply the round function to get the results to be rounded to a certain decimal.

One thing I did forget to mention is that you could also use the pulldata request in order to pull a numeric value that is dependent upon the answer selected within your select_one question.

This link might be of help - http://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformformulas.htm

Good Luck!

Mike

TonyStrothers
New Contributor III

Mike it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and share the knowledge. And also ... Thanks for saving the day!!!!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony,

You will find through trial and error what works and what doesn't work and "No worries!" as I have been in the same position and someone helped me out.

Just giving back to the community.

0 Kudos