AnsweredAssumed Answered

Row ID Blank in Parent Table

Question asked by rachael_hurd on Apr 14, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2017 by JTedrick-esristaff

I am creating a survey with Survey123 for Portal, I turned off the setting for "Use global id parent keys in repeat relationships" which I was informed was a limitation within Portal. This resolved the issue I was having will submitting my survey.

Now I would like to export my data to .csv for further analysis outside of Portal, however when I download the data I get the following fields:

Parent table:

objectid 

globalid 

rowid_ (This value is blank)

username

created_date

created_user

last_edited_date

last_edited_user

x

y

Child (repeat table):

objectid

globalid

repeatquestion1

repeatquestion2, etc.

parentrowid

created_date

created_user

last_edited_date

last_edited_user

It seems to me that the rowid_ field and the parentrowid field should be the key field, however the rowid_ field in the parent table is blank. The parentrowid field in the child table is populated, but I am not sure how to relate that back to the Parent table.

I have been submitting test surveys to the Portal using the Survey123 for ArcGis Windows app.

My proposed work around is to use a combination of the created user and date to create a unique key to match across tables, but it seems to me that the program would need to have some field for this already in order to be able to know that there are related records to display.

Am I doing something wrong, did anyone else have this problem, or does anyone have any advice? All help is greatly appreciated.

James Tedrick

Outcomes