Hanging Submission:

04-13-2017 12:54 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Survey was published with v 1.10.43. 

Hanging submission on 70 records that were collected offline and then attempted to submit once back online with a known and verified wifi connection. The green processing/submitting circle continues without any action or timeout issue. The records that are being submitted include around 85 questions per record with 1-3 medium resolution photos. I am able to exit the iphone app and the records are maintained. 

Configuration: AGOL - Mobile Survey123 client

Will provide version of Survey123 asap. Any chance that it could related to this issue referenced in the update below even though we're working in an AGOL environment? 

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/01/12/critical-update-to-survey123-field-app-a... 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

When connecting back to wifi, did you sign out/ sign in again?  There's an issue (fixed in 2.0) of stale credentials being kept on device which produces these symptoms.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will give this a shot and report back. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey James, 

I logged in and logged out but encountered the same issue with hanging submissions. 

I'm working in v1.10.25 and some more details below.....

- The first record of the batch reaches the feature service but I need to force quit the mobile application because it continues to timeout. This has been left to try to submit to the server for up to 2hrs. On each restart, I am able to submit one record at a time to the feature service but the mobile application never acknowledges that it has made it to the server. There is no round trip package that informs the client it has delivered that first record correctly. 

My next step would be to recover the data from the mobile device and upgrade to the latest version. I'll follow the instructions laid out here: 

Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Any thoughts on how I might proceed? Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I would go with the data recovery procedures as you mention above.  What you're describing doesn't sound familiar to other known issues that would cause hanging during submission.

0 Kudos