Search Widget and Popup

04-13-2017 08:22 AM
GaryBarden
New Contributor III

When configuring the Search Widget, I’ve enabled the function where the pop-up is shown for a found feature. The problem is, if that found feature has related records, they do not appear at the bottom of the pop-up. The user is forced to click on the feature again in order for the related records for the found feature to appear. Is there any way to get the related records to appear when a pop-up is shown as the result of a search?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Gary,

Do you want them to appear in a separate table or as part of the pop up?

If you want them to appear as part of the pop up, check out this documentation:

Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Additionally, the Crowdsource Manager App can display related records in a table.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
GaryBarden
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

I've had great results with related tables and pop-ups as described in links you provided. The links to my related tables appear at the bottom of the pop-up as expected when a user clicks on a feature. However, if I enable the option within the Search Widget, to display the pop-up for the found feature or location, the links to my related tables will not appear at the bottom of the pop-up when it (the pop-up) displays automatically. In order for those links to be displayed in the pop-up the user must close the pop-up and then click on the feature.

Thanks,

Gary

JakePetersen
New Contributor II

This same behavior happens when using expressions to concatenate multiple fields together. They work fine when you open the popup by clicking on a feature in the map, but when you search for the same feature and have the popup open when it is found the the popup fields that use expressions are blank. If anyone found a way around this I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

Jake

0 Kudos