Fiber Network Data Model Sample Data

Jump to solution
04-12-2017 11:14 AM
MattRantala1
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a sample dataset of the Fiber Data Model with data in it. The data model itself is just empty feature classes/table. The Core Maps | ArcGIS for Telecommunications has some data but doesn't have any relationship classes or even the related tables included. It would be useful, I think, to have some sample data to look at.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Attached is a GDB with the feature classes and schema for the Communications Data Management for ArcGIS Online solution. Learn more: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/e189fb955513488580eb5baa363ad4c3

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications

View solution in original post

13 Replies
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt Rantala‌ You can find a link to the current fiber data model under this thread.  https://community.esri.com/thread/202473-telecom-network-for-utility-network-management-extension 

If you have specific needs or requirements, please post them under that discussion area.

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

As of today, we do not have a sample dataset for the fiber data model.

0 Kudos
ErmelindaEspinoza
New Contributor II

Is there any guide on how to use this data model?

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

ermelindae Could you elaborate on what you are looking for? A guide for how to structure your data, or how to deploy and use the GDB, or are you looking for something else? 

0 Kudos
ErmelindaEspinoza
New Contributor II

Thanks Patrick for your quick response.

We are interested on implementing the telecommunications data model to digitize our fiber network. We were wondering if there was guide on how to use this model step by step. Example, if we are going to digitize conduits, cables and structures, how or where should we start?

We have plenty experience on creating and editing regular geodatabases with its feature datasets and feature classes. But about the telecommunications data model, we want to make sure we use it in the right way.

We’ll appreciate your help on this.

AmyWoods2
New Contributor II

@ErmelindaEspinozaand @SpatialNinja 

You described my situation exactly. Did you find an answer to your question?

I just don't know where to start.

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

@AmyWoods2  Take a look at this page. https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/d66c62c9a70d4cbab5941510e58cf647

It will provide some background and options for fiber management in ArcGIS. You'll also find links to helpful story maps that walk you through workflows to better understand the new solutions. Also, the Communications Data Management for ArcGIS Enterprise solution and data model comes with sample data. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to get a copy of the NON UN data models?

I am nowhere near ready to start implementing UN, and I need to get a copy of the Fiber Data Model from 2015, this and other legacy data models allow me to gather all the needed data, fill or repair the data, and then contemplate moving to UN.

I hope ESRI can help out on this

Rick

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User Have you looked into the Communications Data Management solution for ArcGIS Online? This has a slimed down schema but similar fields as the UN data model. Deploying this solution would set up feature layers in your organization in which you can always export to a fGDB. And since it uses a similar but simpler schema as the UN model, it will allow for easier migration to UN. If you do not have an ArcGIS Online account, I can share an empty fGDB. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/reference/introduction-to-communications-data-management-for-arcgis-online.htm

0 Kudos