Refreshing GPS location

04-10-2017 12:56 PM
RalphBradt1
New Contributor II

Is there a way to refresh the GPS location data prior to saving a survey? When using favorite answers to pre-populate fields in a survey, the location is also populated from the favorite answers. I guess this is to be expected if there is no fix or a poor fix however, In some ways, I'd rather have no fix than the previous fix. This would flag the location as problematic. I have also had cases where the location had been carried over from the favorites, but the geotag of the photo taken for the same survey point was correctly placed. I'd think refreshing the location prior to saving the survey should take care of this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ralph,

You can refresh the location by pressing on the 'compass' (circle with lines pointing out at top, left,bottom,right) button at the top right of the location question.

0 Kudos
RalphBradt1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I've been doing and it's definitely made the difference in stuff I've collected. I was hoping there was a way to make it more "mindless" to improve the data I'm getting from other folks.

0 Kudos