Can I (ArcGIS PRO 1.3)create and save projects to the d: drive or preferably to network drives?

04-10-2017 11:43 AM
RichardDeFer
New Contributor II

I can't seem to save to anywhere but the C drive.  Why?

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You will have to elaborate on your situation.  I have standalone machines and I have no problem saving to whatever drive I want.  Mind you, I am the administrator and in full control of my environment.  It sounds like you are not

0 Kudos
RichardDeFer
New Contributor II

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Well, I've been using Arcmap and Microstation for over 10 years with no problems saving to where ever.

I just installed ArcGIS PRO 1.3 and it seems I can't save a new project anywhere except buried in the C: (where I never save anything...'cept "favorites"). I was able to import an mxd from a network location and I later saved as to a mapped drive.

Our "office network drive" is
mvr-netapp2\ED-S<file:///
mvr-netapp2\ED-S> and I map to it and the network mvr egis directory; not by mapping a drive letter to the directories.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Richard DeFer

Engineering Tech.

CEMVR-EC-TS (Survey Section)

(309) 794-5477

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

when you go to the Project pane (using the arrow in the top left of the screen) and select Options, what is the default folder (probably your c:\whatever) and what is available to you when you click on the navigate folder?  It should list provide a list of drives etc connected to your machine.  I am using 1.4.1 and I can't remember way back when I first installed it whether it asked for a default drive-folder connection, but you can change it for subsequent projects in that general project area

0 Kudos
RichardDeFer
New Contributor II

I finally mapped to a folder on each network location (manually entering the network path).  ArcGIS Pro 1.3 doesn't seem to "like" displaying "connected" network locations, but it does display the last accessed location so I can back out to the "root" directory.

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos